Sunday, November 11, 2007

Glory Days


Friday night I invited a friend of mine to go with me to see New Bern High School play in the first round of the division playoffs. My friend, who had not been to a high school game in years, was quite a player in his day. As we were walking down the bleachers looking for a seat we saw 5 guys that we had gone to high school with some 35 years ago and we sat with them. It was a great time and we all reminisced about our glory days on the High School team back in the day. New Bern proved to be to talented for the team they played from Raleigh, and it was pretty much a blow out. Nevertheless we all throughly enjoyed the game and have decided to go to round 2 of the playoffs next week. Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Steve, My husband and I have just returned today from your beautiful town. We hope to retire there at some time in the future. We like to visit there when totally stressed from our day to day life.
Is it as idealic as it seems?

Unknown said...

Hi Evelyn,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you but I did not notice your comment on my bloguntil a few minutes ago. New Bern is a neat little town that is large enough to have an active arts community but small enough to retain its charm. Please visit my website www.newbern-nc.info to learn more about New Bern. What area are you from?

Steve Tyson